Admission Fee (Service Charge)
There is a required service charge fee in effect year round. The fees are as follows:
* From Memorial Day weekend until Labor day on weekends and holidays, the entry fee is $4 per vehicle for in-state vehicles and $6 per vehicle for out of state vehicles.
* Memorial Day to Labor weekdays: $3 per vehicle for In-state vehicles; $5 per vehicle for out of state vehicles
* Day after Labor Day until Memorial Day Weekend: $3 per vehicle for in-state vehicles; $5 per vehicle for out of state vehicles.
* There will be an attendant in the booth to collect your required entry fee. If no attendant is present, please proceed to the yellow service charge box and follow directions on posted sign for service charge fee.
* Payment options: Cash or check
* During our summer season, please consider safely carpooling as the park is subject to closing due to full capacity on busy summer weekends and holidays. Please consider contacting the park ahead of time at 410-477-0757 before you leave for your visit.
Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in the Park with the exception of the Trolley Station with a required park alcohol permit.
Crabbing is allowed from the pier and along the shoreline. A valid crabbing license is required and all applicable MD rules and regulations apply. See the MD Department of Natural Resources site for current crabbing regulations.
Fishing is also allowed from the piers and along the shoreline. A valid Maryland tidal fishing license is required and all applicable MD rules and regulations apply. See the MD Department of Natural Resources site for current fishing regulations. Persons under 16 years of age are exempt from the required license.
Hammocks must be mounted on their own stand and must not be hung or attached to trees.
The park may close without notice during inclement weather. This is done for public safety reasons. Call the park at (410) 477-0757 or check the DNR Website before visiting on inclement weather days.
Metal detectors are prohibited in the park.
Pets are allowed in the park, but must be leashed. Pets are not allowed in developed areas of the park from Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day. Call the park for more info (410) 477-0757. Signs are posted. Developed areas are considered the areas around the Visitors Center, water access area, Parking Lot B and the trolley station.
Picnic tables and charcoal grills are available for picnicking. These items are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Moving of picnic tables is prohibited.
No amplified music (No PA systems, DJ's or large Boom boxes). A small radio is permitted but must be at a level that does not reach neighboring tables and other patrons.
Spot-a-pots are available year-round near the Trolley Station, Gazebo area and in Parking Lot A. Indoor facilities with running water are available at the Visitors Center when open. (Memorial - Labor Day).
North Point State Park, like all MD State Parks, is Trash-Free. Trash cans have been removed from the Park to improve its appearance and to ensure a more enjoyable experience for you.
* Please take your trash with you when you leave and remember to recycle. If we all do our part, we can help fight the solid waste problem in Maryland.
* Trash bags are available at several locations in the Park. Those persons renting shelters or having large groups (such as bus trips, youth groups, receptions) should bring their own large trash bags with their other supplies.
* If each group takes care of their own trash, it will mean less mess for everyone. The Park will look just as clean for the last group of the day as it did for the first. This ensures that no one will have to picnic next to a smelly, overflowing, bee-infested garbage can.